Just a few short weeks ago, we told you that Morgan’s on the Beach had shut down.
They had shut down to become Georgia’s Union.
Well, Georgia’s Union is finally ready for it’s big debut. Georgia’s Union will be opening to the public for dinner on Saturday, June 16th at 7pm.
Our friends over at Miami.com, got a sneak peek at the new place and it’s new menu.
“It’s like dining on your grandmother’s porch,” says a rep. While the southern comfy menu leans toward the traditional, expect a few deviations and modern twists. But when it comes to ingredients, expect little to no deviations: dishes, they insist, will only be made from local farm to table ingredients, free range chickens, and organic collard greens. The only exception to that local rule are the organically grown Georgia harvested peaches for the fresh peach cobbler.
Take a quick peek at some of the items on the menu:
- Tomato and Cucumber Salad Green Garden Organics (sunflower greens toasted sunflower seeds, house-made farmers cheese, oil and vinegar)
- Sweet Corn Hushpuppies (roasted garlic aioli)
- Duck & Dumplings (pulled meat, root vegetables, potato dumplings, roasted duck gravy)
- Oven Roasted Cornish Game Hen (organic vegetable stuffing, preserved lemons)
- Braised Grass-Fed Oxtail “off the bone”
- “Candied Yams” (pecan honey gratin)
- Black-Eyed Peas (smoked hamhocks)
- Dinner served with Buckwheat Biscuits, Corn-Flax Muffins, whipped organic butter, and Dansk Farms Honeycomb
Make sure to check out Georgia’s Union.
We cannot wait to try![gmap description=”1787 Purdy Ave. Miami Beach, FL”]1787 Purdy Ave. Miami Beach, FL[/gmap]