SoBeWFF kicked off on Thursday with a bang!
Thrillist held their 6th annual Thrillist BBQ & The Blues event at the Shore Club. The event was hosted by Anne Burrell. Jeff Mauro from The Kitchen and Ted Allen, host of Chopped were also in attendance.
Rok:Brgr’s “Sweet Caroline Burger” won the “Best in BBQ, People’s Choice” Award.
Participating Restaurants & Dishes Include:
- Rok:Brgr, Chef Robbyns Martinez’s winning dish of “Sweet Caroline Burger,” aged cheddar, BBQ short ribs, creamy coleslaw, fried onions, bourbon BBQ sauce on a mini pretzel bun
- 3030 Ocean, Executive Chef Paula DaSilva’s smoked sausage served with spicy potato salad and relish
- BLT Prime at Trump National Doral, Chef de Cuisine Dustin Ward’s BLT smoked brisket with crispy onion and bbq sauce
- Bulldog Barbecue, Chef Howie Kleinberg’s smoked beef brisket taco with picked shallots and chipotle lime crema
- Buns & Buns, Corporate Chef Reuven Sugarman’s tamarind BBQ glazed short ribs served with cabbage slaw and pickled red chili slaw on a brioche bun
- Creekstone Farms presents: Drunken Dragon, Executive Chef Xavier Torres’ Korean style short ribs
- Devon Seafood + Steak, Chef Rod Chitikov’s smoked pork belly sliders served with a side of lobster mac & cheese
- La Savina at Mondrian South Beach, Chef Tien Ho’s charcoal roasted short ribs served with pickled beets and romesco
- Pincho Factory, Chef Nedal Ahmad’s slow braised brisket croquette served with a chili lemon mayo
- Red, The Steakhouse, Chef Peter Vauthy’s beef baby back ribs served with bacon and lobster mac & cheese
- Sparky’s Roadside Barbecue, Chef Kevin Kehoe & Hans Seitz’s barbecued beef short rib sliders served with a side of homemade collard greens and coleslaw
- Uncle Tom’s Barbecue, Chef Raymond Brown’s BBQ brisket mac & cheese served with a slide of coleslaw
Check out photos from the event below:
Photos courtesy of Thrillist.