- Mix honey and vinegar in a bowl and add chicken. Toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours. Drain chicken pieces on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Oil should reach between 350°F and 375°F for frying.
- Beat egg whites in a shallow dish. Combine cornmeal or breadcrumbs with flour, baking powder and spices.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the egg whites then toss in the flour mixture. Fry in small batches, 12-14 minutes per batch, until deep golden and juices run clear. Season hot chicken with a little extra salt as they come out.
- Serve with lime wedges, honey for drizzling and your favorite assortment of hot sauces. For a fresh accompaniment slice up a tomato, red onion and avocado and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Food Republic